It's time to take ownership of your book idea.
In one weekend, you'll develop the foundational elements of your novel, start thinking about the demands of the marketplace, and get crystal-clear on what you need to do to bring your book to life.
Blueprint for a Book goes beyond simply plotting your book. During this weekend intensive with Jennie Nash and the Author Accelerator coaching team, you’ll drill down into the most important elements that will drive your novel forward.
Without these in place before you start writing, you could risk YEARS of frustration and a book that goes NOWHERE. But with them, you will come into your full powers as an author.
Make sure your foundation is strong so you can write forward with confidence.
With Blueprint for a Book Sprint you’ll discover:
- What's the point of your book?
- Who is your narrator?
- Where does the book begin?
- Where does it end?
- What happens in the plot? / What is the structure?
- Who is your ideal reader?
- How can you best give her what she wants?
- How can you finish your book this time -- and finish strong?
The Blueprint Sprint Schedule
Plan to set aside the whole weekend. This is going to be like being in a writing workshop except you'll never leave home. But you need to bring the same mental energy, sense of commitment and purpose to this course as you would any other.
If you must miss any of the live events or writing blocks, but can still make the Sprint work, that's fine. We will record the live events and provide those recordings to you in the classroom. Note, however, that the whole point is to invest in your success -- to set aside the time and make the intention to start your book off right this time.
Plan to spend from 1-3 hours
- You'll get a welcome video from Jennie
- You'll get links to all the live events that will be held over the weekend -- 2 on Saturday, 3 on Sunday.
- You'll get all the lessons we'll be working on over the weekend so you can preview them and know what's coming.
- You'll get a timeline/calendar to plan out your writing time for Saturday and Sunday, and to commit to your goals
- Complete Assignments #1
Plan to spend from 5-8 hours
- 8:00 - 9:30 (Zoom) Live Discussion on Assignment #1, Lecture on Assignment #2 and #3
- 9:30 - 11:00 : Writing Time
- 11:00 - 12:00 Live Discussion on Assignment #2 and #3, Lecture on Assignment #4
- 12:00 - 2:00 Lunch + Writing/Revising Time
- 2:00 - 3:00 Live Discussion on Assignment #4, Lecture on Assignment #5
- 3:00 - 6:00 Writing/Revising Time
- Turn in your assignments for Jennie's review by 6 PST
Plan to spend from 5-8 hours
- 8:00 -9:30 Review feedback from Jennie
- 9:00 - 10:30 Writing/Revising Time + Assignment #6
- 10:30 - 11:30 (Zoom) Live Discussion on Assignment #6, Lecture on the Paths to Publishing + Traditional Publishing
- 11:30 - 12:30 Lunch + Writing/Revising Time
- 12:30 - 1:30 (Zoom) Live Lecture on Self Publishing with the Author Accelerator team
- 1:30 - 2:00 BREAK
- 2:00 - 3:00 (Zoom) Live Discussion on Planning for Success -- what is book coaching and how does Author Accelerator's 6-Month Success Plan work?
TURN IN YOUR WORK
- Revise your work and prepare it to submit to a book coach
- Send in all assignments by Sunday, 11:59 PST. The reason we push you to do this so soon is that if we let you wait, you will procrastinate and get cold feet. Working with a coach helps you get better; you don't have to be perfect to begin with.
- You will receive feedback on your pages within two to three weeks.
- You will get to speak to your coach for a thirty minute consultation or pay extra to speak with Jennie.
I Owe it to you
• • • •
"I owe it to you ... you really are great at not just the writing but the marketing and figuring out all that stuff BEFORE you write!"
- Paolina Milana, Author of 'The S Word'
• • • •
"I'm on my fifth week of Blueprint for a Book. Love it! It has helped focus my efforts on my novel."
- Pam Van Dyk
A mirACLe worker!
• • • •
"Wow! I have to tell you that Jennie Nash is a true miracle-worker. I have been toying around with writing a book for years but could never seem to get it off the ground. Sound familiar? Jennie Nash to the rescue!"
- Abby Bliss, nutritionist
It feels amazing!
• • • •
"I have accomplished more in one month of Author Accelerator than I have in nearly a decade of taking workshops, writing classes, and writers' groups. Thank you SO much for your feedback. I FINALLY feel like I'm on the right track and it feels AMAZING!"
- Gina Bardin
Blueprint is effective for any genre -- fiction of all kinds, memoir and non-fiction. We will tailor the material to your GENRE needs.
Your Blueprint for a Book Instructor:
Jennie Nash is the founder and chief creative officer of Author Accelerator, a program that brings professional book coaching to writers in all genres. She is a private book coach whose authors regularly land top New York agents and book deals with publishers including Scribner, Simon & Schuster, Hazeldon, Norton and Random House. Several of her writers have also recently won national self-publishing awards.
Blueprint for a Book is a strategic program Jennie developed through many years of guiding writers to start, finish, revise, rescue, and sell books. She has hand-picked all Author Accelerator book coaches and trained them in her Blueprint system.
Jennie is the author of four novels, three memoirs, and counting. These are some of her books:
What will you get with Blueprint for a Book Sprint?
5 Live Working Sessions
Written feedback from a book coach
30 min consultation with a book coach
Written feedback from Jennie Nash
30 min consultation with Jennie Nash
Discount on 6 Month Success Plan
Frequently Asked Questions
+ Is there a refund?
Nope, except for in the case of unavoidable emergency.
+ Can it work if I already have written three chapters or 5 or even have a full draft?
Absolutely. If you want to get back to fundamentals and learn how to get your story RIGHT, this course is perfect
+ Does it work for every genre?
Yup. We have material designed for memoir, fiction and nonfiction writers.
+ What if I can't participate one of the days?
You can sign up, get the lessons, get the recorded Q&As and do the work the following week. As long as you turn in your assignments by the deadline, you can get feedback on the work.
+ What happens after the course is over?
Ideally, to keep your momentum going, we encourage writers to sign up for one of our coaching packages. You can read more about those here. Remember that if you sign up for the 6 month success plan - you'll have a finished draft by the end of your coaching.
+ Can I work 1:1 with Jennie?
YES -- for an extra fee, Jennie will read your material, offer feedback and spend 30 minutes on the phone with you.