It's time to take ownership of your book idea.
In one weekend, you'll develop the foundational elements of your novel, start thinking about the demands of the marketplace, and get crystal-clear on what you need to do to bring your book to life.
Blueprint for a Book goes beyond simply plotting your book. During this weekend intensive with Jennie Nash and the Author Accelerator coaching team, you’ll drill down into the most important elements that will drive your novel forward.
Without these in place before you start writing, you could risk YEARS of frustration and a book that goes NOWHERE. But with them, you will come into your full powers as an author.
Make sure your foundation is strong so you can write forward with confidence.
With Blueprint for a Book Sprint you’ll discover:
- What's the point of your book?
- Who is your narrator?
- Where does the book begin?
- Where does it end?
- What happens in the plot? / What is the structure?
- Who is your ideal reader?
- How can you best give her what she wants?
- How can you finish your book this time -- and finish strong?
The Blueprint Sprint Schedule
Plan to set aside the whole weekend. This is going to be like being in a writing workshop except you'll never leave home. But you need to bring the same mental energy, sense of commitment and purpose to this course as you would any other.
If you must miss any of the live events or writing blocks, but can still make the Sprint work, that's fine. We will record the live events and provide those recordings to you in the classroom. Note, however, that the whole point is to invest in your success -- to set aside the time and make the intention to start your book off right this time.
Plan to spend from 1-5 hours
- You'll get a welcome video from Jennie.
- You'll get links to all the live events that will be held over the weekend.
- You'll get all the lessons we'll be working on over the weekend so you can preview them and know what's coming.
- You'll get a timeline/calendar to plan out your writing time for Saturday and Sunday, and to commit to your goals.
- Complete Assignment #1 .
- Complete Assignment #1.5 if you are writing science fiction or fantasy.
Plan to spend from 5-10 hours
- 8:00 - 9:00 Pacific : Live Zoom Discussion
- 9:00 - 11:00 Pacific : Writing Time
- 11:00 - 12:00 Pacific : Live Zoom Discussion
- 12:00 - 2:30 Pacific : Lunch/Break + Writing/Revising Time
- 2:30 - 3:30 Pacific : Live Zoom Discussion
- 3:30 - 6:00 Pacific : Writing/Revising Time
Plan to spend from 5-8 hours
- 8:00 -9:30 Pacific : Live Zoom Discussion
- 9:00 - 1:30 Pacific : Lunch/Break + Writing/Revising Time for all of your assignment
- 1:30 - 3:30 Pacific : Live Zoom Discussion with an open Q & A and an overview of your next steps
- 3:00 -6:00 Pacific : Complete all of your writing assignments
- 6:00 Pacific : TURN IN YOUR WORK
- Revise your work and prepare it to submit to a book coach.
- Send in all assignments by Sunday, 11:59 Pacific in order to receive feedback from your assigned book coach by the time NaNoWriMo starts.
"The Blueprint Sprint was great. I love the way you balance support and challenge. Plus, your writing insights alone are worth the price of admission!"
– Sonya Myers
"This was exactly the right class at exactly the right time for me. Since I had already spent some time with this idea, written some chapters, etc., the intense pace was actually a good thing. Helpful to simply immerse for a few days."
– Rebecca Hodge
Blueprint is effective for any genre -- fiction of all kinds, memoir and non-fiction. We will tailor the material to your GENRE needs.
Your Blueprint for a Book Instructor:
Jennie Nash is the founder and chief creative officer of Author Accelerator, a program that brings professional book coaching to writers in all genres. She is a private book coach whose authors regularly land top New York agents and book deals with publishers including Scribner, Simon & Schuster, Hazeldon, Norton and Random House. Several of her writers have also recently won national self-publishing awards.
Blueprint for a Book is a strategic program Jennie developed through many years of guiding writers to start, finish, revise, rescue, and sell books. She has hand-picked all Author Accelerator book coaches and trained them in her Blueprint system.
Jennie is the author of four novels, three memoirs, and counting. These are some of her books:
What will you get with Blueprint for a Book Sprint?
5 Live Working Sessions lead by Jennie Nash or another member of the Author Accelerator team
Written feedback from a book coach
Discount on our NEW! Manuscript Accelerator program, a 6 Month No Excuses Plan to finish your book
A strong foundation to start writing your book with confidence
Frequently Asked Questions
+ Is there a refund?
Nope, except for in the case of unavoidable emergency.
+ Can it work if I already have written three chapters or 5 or even have a full draft?
Absolutely. If you want to get back to fundamentals and learn how to get your story RIGHT, this course is perfect
+ Does it work for every genre?
Yup. We have material designed for memoir, fiction and nonfiction writers.
+ What if I can't participate one of the days?
You can sign up, get the lessons, get the recorded Q&As and do the work the following week. As long as you turn in your assignments by the deadline, you can get feedback on the work.
+ What happens after the course is over?
Ideally, to keep your momentum going, we encourage writers to sign up for one of our coaching packages. You can read more about those here. Remember that if you sign up for the 6 month success plan - you'll have a finished draft by the end of your coaching.