Dan Blank is pretty amazing. No, Dan is not short for Danielle, and as he is quick to point out, he's not a mom. But he is a dad- and a writer, and a blogger, and an entrepreneur- who works from home with small children. He also runs a mastermind group for creatives, which you can find more information on here.
Also, let's face it. Anyone who includes a nap in their time management strategies is OK in my book. Dan Blank for the win.
In today's episode:
Dan talks about:
- working from home and setting boundaries & expectations for your family
- time blocking as a means of being more productive
- energy blocking to help schedule your tasks when you are most likely to be successful
- his empathetic philosophy on communicating with others in today's busy age
- napping as a way to reset your day (can I have a hallelujah?!)
Dan reads a lot of books about the emotional side of creative work. Here are his suggestions.
Dan's Recommended Reading:
Abby's Recommended Reading:
Also make sure to check out Dan's podcast, Dabbler vs. Doers, which you can find on iTunes here.