Watch the Four Perspectives Video
The Four Perspectives is the foundation on which we will build our understanding of revision. Watch the video so you have an understanding of what those perspectives are and how they work. The video is almost an hour long so feel free to bookmark this page and come back later.
Revising doesn't have to be overwhelming, scary, or
nerve-racking...it's where the GOOD stuff happens.
Author Accelerator can help in two ways:
1. Sign up for a Manuscript Evaluation or Edit.
If you've written more than just a few chapters of your book, our Manuscript Evaluation is designed to give you an idea of its strengths and weaknesses before you continue writing or start revising.
One of our book coaches will review your manuscript and give you an overall analysis of what is working and what could be shored up on a big-picture scale. They will look at elements like narrative drive, tone and voice, structure, and consistency of theme.
You'll receive a 3- to 5-page summary of our thoughts and suggestions for what to focus on as you write forward or revise.
What will you get with your Manuscript Evaluation?
- Summary of strengths/weaknesses
- Suggestions for next steps
- Feedback in a timely manner (the length of time depends on the length of your submission!)
Our Manuscript Edit looks at your entire story and gives you both a written analysis of its strength and weaknesses on a developmental level, and comments on specific elements in the text itself. Using a 15-point checklist, your book coach will look at narrative drive, tone and voice, structure, and consistency of theme, as well as evaluate questions such as: Is Chapter 2 sagging? Are you effectively using flashbacks? And are you showing, rather than telling?
You'll receive a comprehensive summary of our thoughts and suggestions for what to focus on as you write forward or revise.
What will you get with a Manuscript Edit?
- Feedback in 5-6 weeks
- Analysis of strengths/weaknesses
- In-line comments
- Suggestions for what to do next
- 1-hour phone call with your book coach
2. Join Manuscript Accelerator today.
Work one-on-one with an Author Accelerator coach to revise your manuscript. Manuscript Accelerator gives you the three essential elements you need for creative success:
Accountability so you can't make excuses
- You’ll be reaching for your laptop instead of the remote control when you have a book coach waiting for your work.
Focus so you don't get off track
- Professional, detailed feedback as you go means you won’t waste hours, days, or years of your life on a story that doesn’t work.
Support where it counts the most
- No more despairing about whether your work is any good. Your book coach is there to support you, so you can spend less time doubting yourself and more time writing forward.