Managing Editor for Author Accelerator, Laura Franzini, joins Abby & Mel on Mom Writes to give us the lowdown on the human-centered process of pairing writers and coaches.
IN THIS EPISODE
- Get to know Laura as she talks about her time at the Boston Globe, the LA Times, and how she was part of the Pulitzer Prize-winning team that covered the San Bernadito shootings.
- Listen as she talks about how she "reads" the needs of writers, picking up on subtle clues in their applications for Author Accelerator.
- Her process of elimination to narrow down which coaches would be a good fit for each writer
- Abby and Mel talk about how spouses sometimes make the worse CPs!
- Coaches also read a writer's application before the final pairing.
- Click to tweet: @@The writer-coach relationship is holistic, about more than writing. It's about connection.@@
- Aligning on a writing level is the top priority, but Laura also shoots to make non-writing connections and bonds between writer and coach.
- LINK TO JENNIE NASH'S UNIVERSE OF SUPPORT
- Laura reminds us that some coaches have a near-invisible online presence. And others market their online presence to readers, not other writers. The writer-reader persona may be different than the writer-coach persona, and oftentimes coaches prefer to edit in a genre outside of their own.